Sunday, September 2, 2007

Holy Economy of Power!

Hi,
Wow!

Have I ever discovered the way to make my body sing! Holy health benefits, Batman. I've been eating raw sprouts (I muscle tested that I should start learning to do this at 40% raw foods per day for the first 6 - 9 months) for a couple or few weeks now (time is a blur).

Last week we calculated that our new 32 bin shelf unit (collected, for $10, thru recycling and from our friends at the local health food store when they were replacing theirs) could hold enough sproutable foods to feed 5 people for a year! Here's the kicker, though - the same amount of dry food can feed 30 people for a year, when it's sprouted! Now that's an equation that HAS to be part of our experiment. (They say the vibration of the raw foods will raise the vibration of the cooked food, as well, so load it up, mix it together, pile it on top. It has to be good for you.)

Mind you, all of those 30 people would have to be used to eating raw foods and feel quite okay with it. There's likely to be a decent adjustment period. I have to say, however, that if you're doing the adjusting, it's remarkably easy to "feel normal" while just adding as much sprouts as you like to your already cooked - and I know it's healthy, local and organic - dinners, lunch and breakfasts. I find burritos are the way to go and it seems beans and brown rice are cheap, filling and adaptable enough to make the transition feel harmless - and very yummy! I love burritos, can you tell? And I wouldn't want to give up oatmeal, either.

So, now, the Experiment has to include - growing each of those sproutable crops or those that are nutritionally substitutable - the ones that will grow here locally on our wet West Coast, or that I can feel reasonable comfortable that I can grow alone, given a year or ten of trial and experiment (I'm not going to say, error.) My goal is to eventually to be able to grow enough food to keep 30 people alive and comfortable. Don't ask me where this goal comes from. It just seems like something each one of us needs to be able to do or at least understand, in case the time ever comes when one has to pull out such skill and use it.

My DEEPEST thanks, to Brian Adam Williams, our raw foods chef, who lately got me into this. I've longed for such a diet and am feeling more and more comfortable with this as the right way to live, for myself. I've objected to cooked foods, one way or another, throughout my entire life, post 2 years old, and now I think I might like to believe that this is the reason why. My body doesn't want so much of this cooked food business in it! I'm eating less, feeling more of a sustaining energy all day and rarely ever notice when I'm getting hungry (after the first few days). I'm down to eating twice a day. (And that happens on its own. Brian only eats once.) And I don't really notice it, but I sure notice the extra time and the endurance and new sense of calm that it brings with it.

This will help a lot, with where I have to go... living the experiment.
: )) Thanks SO much, Brian. I love you a lot. You're SO appreciated!
Tally ho, Wezley

No comments: